Wednesday, November 9, 2011

of Jewels and Transporters


I'm just discovering the joys and the incredible time it takes to do this social networking stuff. I guess this new virtual world is where we'll all be before long. Wii anyone? 

Decades ago there were many prescient science fiction films that foretold our current world... which we now totally take for granted. They were always my favorite films and I would spend most Saturdays dreaming of being a hero on another planet; transported to another time and to very strange places. I always thought they were great fantasy. Not so fantastical after all!


Remember how cool Captain Kirk looked flipping his "communicator" to call his pals on the Enterprise. I have one of those in my pocket right now and so do you! Some of those science fiction writers were actual scientists and no doubt inspired the Steve Jobs of the world. I'm just waiting for the transporter... beam me up Scotty! It takes way too many hours to fly back and forth between NYC and Sedona. On second thought... maybe I'll wait a little on that. I saw The Fly and was traumatized!

Hiking in this beautiful Sedona is just spectacular and unlike anything I've experienced before. The light here plays tricks on your mind. Sometimes it seems as though a distant mountain is just beyond the next tree and the howling of the coyotes at night reminds you that the world is not just your oyster.

Last night
I'm working on some luscious new pieces for my upcoming QVC show on February 5th. I'll be rushing back from the Tucson Gem Show where I meet once a year with my amazing stone carvers. They come here from all over the world just once a year and we work together on creating magic. Our carvings just take your breath away!

In the meantime, check out the truly exquisite Mars and Valentine Underworld collection that just arrived in most Nordstrom stores. Smoldering and luxurious.
..

     See you next time!
                 Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment